Splitboards open up new worlds to snowboarders by enabling them to tour in the backcountry more efficiently. With ski resorts becoming more crowded, parking difficulties, lift ticket and pass prices, splitboarding is quickly becoming more popular. It allows a person to get away from crowds, and enjoy some wilderness solace and pristine lines. Luckily, we at Never Summer were ahead of the trend, having built splitboards since 2000. With this history and experience we have designed a complete lineup of the most advance splitboards for every rider and budget,
Below is an entire guide to the top splitboards we offer. Whether you’re new to splitboarding or a seasoned backcountry enthusiast, you are guaranteed to find the perfect splitboard for you.
Best Men’s 2023-2024 Splitboards
The Proto Splitboard is the ultimate freeride splitboard for the backcountry. A traditional camber profile for easy uphill with some early rise in the nose to keep the board above the snow on the way back down.
Pros of riding with the Men’s Proto Splitboard
1. Front End Rise and Float Mechanics are innovation included in this board to help it stay afloat in ultra deep powder.
2. The core of the Proto Splitboard is crafted out of Paulownia and Bamboo to create the unique WooBoo Core that reduces touring weight and keeps the board lightweight.
3. Traditional Camber profile and firm flex for uphill skin traction and downhill stability in a wide range of conditions.
This splitboard is designed for maximum float on the deepest of days. The Swift Splitboard provides exceptional turns. Every run will feel like you’re surfing the perfect endless wave. A beautiful directional swallow tail shape with unmatched attention to detail including features like Aluminum Tip and Tail protectors. The Swift Splitboard is a timeless board that will provide a ride like no other.
Pros of riding with a Men’s Swift Splitboard
1. 20mm of taper, the setback stance, and the swallow tail all combine to make it the best powder splitboard
2. The Carbon X throughout the midsection and Power Grip Sidecut gives the board massive stability on wind scoured faces, heavy, wet and choppy snow conditions.
Best Women’s Splitboard 2023-2024 Splitboards
For the riders who want to tackle the entire mountain, this is a backcountry must-have. A replica of our solid Lady FR, just split down the middle. The splitboard includes our Fusion Rocker Profile and Carbon Max Laminate construction help give the board stability, while still maintaining that playful surfy feel that makes it so versatile on the descent.
Pros of riding with the Women’s Lady FR Splitboard
1. Triple Camber Fusion profile built for women who charge.
2. Set back stance, triple camber fusion profile and early rise nose give it a great surfy feel in deep backcountry powder.
3. The stiffer flex is created for a bit more of an experienced backcountry rider as it’s more of a hard-charging board that is stable at higher speeds.
4. Full wrap P-Tex protection for incredible durability.
Why Purchase a Never Summer Splitboard?
Just as with all of our other Never Summer products, our splitboards are made right here in the U.S. Never Summer Industries has over 24 years of experience making splitboards and each one is hand finished. We are committed to innovation and progression to make the highest performing splitboards on the market. A splitboard is a big purchase and something you have for a longtime, our construction and by using the finest materials provide unmatched durability.